Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Canadians are funny

Image hosted by Photobucket.comLincoln Center plaza, en route to Performing Arts Library.

Last night, I had dinner (mmm...cheese plate and veggies cooked in butter) with my dear friend Nadette at Cafe Charbon on Orchard St., and for dessert, saw one of the funniest* shows I've seen in a long time. Trampoline Hall, performed at The Slipper Room on Stanton, is a Toronto-based lecture series, organized by novelist, Shelia Heti, and hosted by the adorably rumpled Misha Glouberman. The twist is the lecturers wax authoritative about topics for which they possess no professional expertise. Two of the three lectures on last evening's bill were entitiled "Our Animal Friends" and "The World of New York's Pedi-Cab Drivers." Question and answer periods followed each lecture.

To my great dismay, I had to leave before the third lecture, "There Are Two Types of Corgis," but I left with a heart full of joy, a little crush on Misha and another reason to move to Canada.

*I see a LOT of funny shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home