Sunday, October 24, 2004


Just running to the corner for tissues and a peppermint patty.

It's late October and you know what that means: time to celebrate everyone's favorite chronic resperatory disease, ASTHMA. Ever year around this time, I like to honor this sneaky, misunderstood ailment by allowing my inhaler to run out over the weekend with no refills remaining at the pharmacy. Then, I do something productive, like sweep out from behind my craft table and reorganize my shelves, stirring up dust.

Now, I know what you're thinking: behind every sexy asthmatic, there is a patient and caring doctor; she'd be happy to call in a replacement inhaler on a Saturday or Sunday. Well, just you wait, Henry Higgins. As an uninsured performer/writer, I go to a sliding-scale clinic only when necessary and, to get a refill, I have to go in for a check-up...on Monday.

Thank you for celebrating AsthmaFest 2004! Really, I do this every year.

...wheeze...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home