Friday, November 05, 2004

Shuffling toward acceptance


At the Viceroy in Chelsea - look at the pretty tile.

Denial - check, anger - check, bargaining - check, depression - check, acceptance - soon.

This glorious, sunshiney day is doing a number on the grey cloud I've been hiding under for the past couple of days. This gorgeous, soft-as-butter, periwinkle wool (my hair stylist brought it back from New Zealand!) I'm knitting with is helping, too. I'm starting a baby blanket for my college friend Kathryn who had her first chillun last April. Better late never.

Other things dragging me kicking and screaming out of the post-election funk:
- my homemade pirate/monkey daily agenda
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- The Clash
- Billy Bragg
- the beans and rice I'm about to eat for lunch
- seeing my friends in shows this weekend
- picnic in Central Park tomorrow, no matter how cold it is
- Cornel West's "Democracy Matters"
- tonight's Margarita Odessey III - one night, 4 bars, an undetermined quantity of tequila

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home