Sunday, August 28, 2005

Kayaking on the Hudson

Sunday morning, I went for a walk up the riverside just past the pier at 70th St.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and saw something very exciting (and FREE):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

kayaks!

I asked these guys what's the dealio? and they said, hop in. "Just don't go to New Jersey."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So I hopped (actually scooted) in and

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

paddled around the buoyed-off area for about 40 minutes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dripping wet from the waist down, and smelling of the eggy Hudson, I disembarked and returned my oar and life jacket. Between the kayaking and the bike ride with Nadette the previous Thursday, I was feeling oddly athletic, so I happily skipped home and ordered roller skates on eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home