Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Sucker for a bass player


Two-steppin'


Clockwise from 12 - Cindee, Dave, me, Ed


Waiting for the loo




Citigrass kicking out the bluegrass jams

I spent this Mardi Gras at the Delta Grill on 9th Ave. with my pal, Cindee, her beau, Dave, and his friend, Ed. The free "hurricanes" smacked surprisingly of cherry Kool-Aid and turned my tongue red, but the live music more than made up for it. Citigrass twanged out some killer covers like "Wish You Were Here," "I Just Called to Say I Love You," and "Like a Prayer," as well as some bluegrass classics. My dancing feet were very happy.

They closed their set with an audience-participatory, acoustic version of "May the Circle Be Unbroken." The bass player stood right next to me. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home