Thursday, January 20, 2005

SHLD Week 2005 (Day Five)


Drinking margaritas by discoball-light

Scott has been here five days; our week has gone something like this:

Sunday
- Scott went to the matinee of Wonderful Town while I slept in. Later, we watched the Golden Globes at home and drank G and Ts. Dan and my new friend Ori were also in attendance; Brian was supposed to come over, but he blew us off. Jerk.

Monday - Auditions all day. Scott had dinner with Dick and Susie (his producers) and Joseph Stein (yes, THAT Joseph Stein). We took a night off from booze.

Tuesday - Callbacks all day. Scott, Dick and Susie saw Good Vibrations (I was spared). We slipped out to Posh for a wee cocktail and met the cutest 24-year-old boys in the world; one was a redhead (for Scott) and one was a law student (for me, except gay), both were adorable. Did I say they were 24?

Wednesday - I had to work, Scott bought shoes. We made our first trip to Arriba! Arriba! of the week and I had too many margaritas in a short time. We did a walk-through at ear-pounding Therapy and opted for Posh. Big mistake. There was a live game show about to begin hosted by an aggressive drag queen with a tre uninspired name that I wish to God I could remember. After she wrangled two contestants from her unwitting audience, they played Pictionary. Then our lovely hostess did a spasmodic version of a Britney Spears song I thank the Lord I can't remember. She flung herself around the bar so much, her skirt rode up and you could see the crotch of her tights. Nice. Shortly thereafter, we made a desperate retreat, but not before some guy got up and sang an original song. By original, I mean he wrote it. Unfortunately, this I remember:

I'm a fag
I do drag
And I hang out with a hag.
I pledge my allegience
To the rainbow flag.


Sheesh. Get the maribou hook.

We went back to Therapy and had a beer in blaring techo peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home