Thursday, December 16, 2004

Levitate me, y'all

Waiting in the hall for Jen to drop off


the golden ticket.


Last night, I saw the Pixies at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. It was rocktastic. I'm almost the luckiest girl in the world. They played nearly all of Surfer Rosa and Come On Pilgrim - except for Levitate Me, which is my favorite. It was that close to perfect. No banter, basic lights and set, and 90 minutes of head-slammin' joy (my neck is a little sore).

Kim was so cute when they left before the encore - she slowly walked sideways across from stage left to stage right waving as if she was saying goodnight to each audience member individually. I pretended that she saw me in the back of the mezzanine and will tell everyone that she did. I love her. Joey looked hot and played hot; David blew my mind - he and Kim kept it all together (David, one-handed for a time) when Joey had a nearly five minute solo; and, of course, BF/FB wailed, and alternately fired me up and broke my heart all night. I want to hug him so hard he pops.

I could go on, but I'm spiraling into hyperbole.

(I'm wearing my tshirt from the show.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home