Sunday, January 15, 2006

I got a dog!

His name is Simba for the time being.

My co-worker, Michelle, and her husband, Michael are moving to London. A combination of airline regulations and England's 6-month manditory quarantine for all dogs entering the country prevents them from taking their adorable pups across the pond.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Rooney, the black, 3-year-old Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix, has moved in with our friend Tamara and her two boys. Simba, the fawn, 15-month-old Pekingese has come to live with me.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Michelle, Simba and Michael

They brought Simba in from New Jersey this afternoon. We met outside and went for a walk with Bidet before introducing him to the apartment. He seemed to take to the city bustle pretty well.

Michelle and Michael felt comfortable in my apartment, and were thrilled Simba would have a partner in crime. It was a bittersweet, tearful exchange; I'm beside myself with excitement, but my heart breaks for Michelle and Michael.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Simba

They left after about 20 minutes, unable to drag out the goodbyes any longer. Simba wimpered at the door for a few minutes before he crashed from the excitement. He is so precious, I can barely look at him. He only weighs 8 pounds for Pete's sake! At long last, I have a dog of my very own. I will love him and hug him and squeeze him and call him...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hmm, about that name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home