Thursday, May 19, 2005

Street-Fair Weekend

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ninth Ave. between 44th and 45th Streets

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
48th Street Community Garden

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Improper apostrophe usage on Ninth Ave. and 51st St.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rampant cannibalism on Amsterdam and 84th St.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chicks, ducks and geese scurrying on 93rd between Amsterdam and Columbus

Saturday, May 14, I strolled through the Ninth Ave. International Food Fair to and from the Anti-Stadium Rally at McCaffery Park. On the way home, I stopped for a vegetable fritter at an Indonesian stand, and a piece of spinach pie at Uncle Nick's booth. The 48th St. Community Garden had a little table, so I paused for some information. The delightful man with the British accent told me how to obtain a key, and suggested I go over right then, "it's a beautiful day, after all." So I did. I'll go back on the first Saturday of the month to gain resident access status. Yay!

Sunday, May 15, I once again found myself at a street fair - this one stretched between 77th and 90th Streets on Amsterdam Ave. On our way down to the northernmost entrance, we happened upon a school fundraiser with a "County Fair" theme, complete with home-baked goodies, games and barnyard animals. It made me pine for the odiferant Fairfield County Fair. I soothed myself with praline spread on brioche at Le Pain Quotidian. Very Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home