Thursday, November 16, 2006

Unjaded New York Moment #3830

This is story may only be interesting to me, but I don't care. That's how not-jaded I am.



Yesterday, I took Snack for his morning walk, dodging cables and dollies and Teamsters setting up to shoot Law & Order: Almond. Then I saw Kathryn Erbe; that meant Vincent D'Onofrio was around somewhere. My mood instantly shifted from one of
"get the hell out of my way, people live here" to "oh my god is that him?"

Snack and I walked all the way around the block and no Vincent. Oh well. I went back inside to "work" from home.

About an hour later, my roommate was getting ready to leave for an audition. I mentioned the filming and quipped (yes, I quip sometimes), "When you see Vincent, remind him that it's '2R' and I'm here all day." Dan assured me he would pass along the message. About 30 seconds later, the phone rang. It was only Dan.

"They're shooting right now. Across the street."

I grabbed Snack's leash, called the pupster and ran out the door.

Oh, we pretended to walk...for about 10 feet, but who was I kidding? Imaginary boyfriend #3 was right there. So I did what anyone still wearing pajamas at noon would do; I sat on my stoop and watched. Katie and Vince were doing a walk-and-talk scene down the sidewalk across the street starting at the convent and ending directly across from my building. Where I sat. With my dog. Gawking like a tourist. And I swear to Maude he looked right at me.

The only other time* I've been that squishy about a celebrity was watching Jesse L. Martin and Jerry Orbach shoot a scene for L&O: Plain on the steps of the church a few doors down, but those were two different kinds of squishy.

Confidential to location scouts for L&O: Peanut: Mariska and Meloni would give me the trifecta. See what you can do about that.


*slight understatement - I'm not a freakin' robot. I just learned from years of waiting tables that celebs are just like regular people, and just as annoying. The secret is to keep your distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home